Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tuesday, August 18

Today was a good workout. We're even, baby. Six days on, six days off. I played a little pickup ball today, and I felt a little bit more spring on rebounds, but maybe it was just the placebo effect. I gotta satisfy my curiosity soon--I'm still not sure how close I can come to dunking. or what my exact vertical is at this point.
If this dunk happens, I have to figure that it'll have to be on an alley oop or a throw off the backboard, as I cannot palm the ball. But, hey, that's a bridge I would be very happy to cross.

1 comment:

  1. Dunking off the backboard/ooping is a heck-of-a-lot harder in my experience.

    You don't need to be able to palm the ball to dunk. The more you practice the more you learn to guide the ball and time everything. Give it 10-15 near-miss attempts.

    Once you've managed one, it suddenly gets easier with every attempt and you find yourself gaining more and more inches. Just beware that at the end of the day (a) it'll feel like you dislocated your shoulder and (b) the constant battering on your landing leg will strain those glutes pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete